Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bank Holiday Weekend Fun


I had planned to write about my 'Vegan Cupcake Bake-Off' but the sunny Bank Holiday weather tempted me outside and kept me there!

Instead I'm going to share some of the wedding-y bits and pieces I got up to this weekend with my friend Caoimhe and some lovely things I saw that I think would make great venue or table decorations.

First was a trip to Ikea in Milton Keynes as I needed some storage boxes.  While there I spotted these gorgeous plant pots.

We like the idea of having living plants as decorations and if we do I thought these would be a great way to disguise a plastic pot. They are only £2 - bargain!  (view online)


I also loved these gorgeous paper lanterns (£4  - Ikea) I think you can get round versions of these lampshades online in lots of different colours online but I liked the unique shape of this Ikea version. I think these would look great hung at different heights like this in a wedding venue with high ceilings and would look gorgeous both lit, or unlit. We haven't picked colours for the wedding yet but I picked up a bluey-green one for our spare bedroom.

The weekend's adventures continued on Sunday at Hertfordshire County Show. We had a great afternoon in the sunshine wandering between the different marquees and watching some stunt biking and JCB relay racing. There wasn't a great selection of veggie foods, as you can imagine, but I picked up a Hot Chipotle Sauce from Capsicana for James .

I'm always saving pictures of flowers and floral arrangements I like from magazines and the internet.  I believe these 'Rhapsody in Blue' start out in this gorgeous purple but fade to a slate blue. I love the purple against the terracotta pot.



Speaking of living plants - how gorgeous are these succulents.  They would make the cutest little wedding favours.  I love the colours! 


   

With the excuse of post-wedding drinks reception research, we sampled some Raspberry Liquor from the English Spirit Distillery. I don't see it on their website but it was really nice, particularly with lemonade and a slice of lime.  They also create bespoke liquors, so you can pick the flavours and they'll create it - a great idea if you're creating a signature cocktail for your wedding day. We also tried some toffee vodka. I'm not a big vodka fan but this was quite nice (Thunder Vodka).



I also put in a call to Table 10 Event Hire to enquire about some chairs for the wedding.  As our guest list is Riverdale's capacity it was suggested that we look at hiring Chivari chairs as they are a bit narrower.  As I'm a not big fan of chair covers and would much prefer to have nice looking chair, the lime washed Chivari are perfect.!

What did you get up to on your Bank Holiday weekend? 

Amy
x

If you'd like to be notified when new posts are added click here to follow me with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment